Place:


Stainton le Vale  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stainton le Vale like this:

STAINTON-LE-VALE, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; 5½ miles NE of Market-Rasen r. station. Post town, Market-Rasen. Acres, 3,450. Real property, £3,454. Pop., 191. Houses, 35. The manor belongs to W. Angerstein, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £99.* Patron, W. Angerstein, Esq.

Stainton le Vale through time

Stainton le Vale is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stainton le Vale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stainton le Vale, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13667

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stainton le Vale ".