Place:


Stainton by Langworth  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stainton By Langworth like this:

STAINTON-BY-LANGWORTH, a parish, with three hamlets, in the district and county of Lincoln; 1¼ mile NNE of Langworth r. station, and 4 W of Wragby. Post town, Lincoln. Acres, 3,021. Real property, £3,320. Pop., 213. Houses, 40. The manor belongs to the Earl of Scarborough. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £183. Patron, the Earl of Scarborough. The church is good.

Stainton by Langworth through time

Stainton By Langworth is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stainton By Langworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stainton by Langworth, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13665

Date accessed: 26th September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stainton By Langworth ".