Place:


Springthorpe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Springthorpe like this:

SPRINGTHORPE, a parish in Gainsborough district, Lincoln; 4 miles E of Gainsborough r. station. Post town, Gainsborough. Acres, 1,072. Real property, £1,796. Pop., 260. Houses, 59. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £150. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. There are chapels for Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists.

Springthorpe through time

Springthorpe is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Springthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Springthorpe, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13657

Date accessed: 15th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Springthorpe ".