In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hilfield like this:
HILFIELD, or HILLFIELD, a parochial chapelry in Dorchester district, Dorset; 3 miles ENE of Evershot r. station, and 3½ NW by N of Cerne-Abbas. Post town, Cerne, under Dorchester. Acres, 1, 584. Real property, £1, 564. Pop., 111. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to-Charles Cousin, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £52. Patron, the Vicar of Sydling. The church is good.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hilfield in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hilfield ".