In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd like this:
LLANFAIR-DYFFRYN-CLWYD, a parish in Ruthin district, Denbigh; on the upper part of the river Clwyd, adjacent to the Denbigh, Ruthin, and Corwen railway, 2 miles SE of Ruthin. It has a post office under Ruthin; and it contains the townships of Derwen, Llanerch, Euarth, Faynol, and Garthgynan. Acres, 5,028. Real property, £7,426. Pop., 1,263. Houses, 272. The manor belongs to the Bishop of Bangor. Au ancient camp, called Y Caeran, occupies about 7 acres. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is later English, has some stained glass windows, and contains some old monuments. The chapelry of Jesus Chapel is a separate charge, a p. curacy of the value of £60, in the patronage of R. Parry, Esq. Charities, £87.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd".