In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Hanford like this:
Hanford.-- par., N. Dorset, on river Stour, 4 miles NW. of Blandford, 460 ac., pop. 56; contains the seat of Hanford House.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hanford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hanford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hanford in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hanford".