In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gussage All Saints like this:
GUSSAGE-ALL-SAINTS, a parish in Wimborne district, Dorset; 4¼ miles WSW of Cranborne, and 6¼ NE of Bailey Gate r. station. It includes Mannington hamlet; and has a post office, of the name of Gussage, under Cranborne. Acres, 2, 907. Real property, £3, 301. Pop., 496. Houses, 102. The land is mostly arable. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £85. Patron, the Archdeacon of Dorset. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Gussage All Saints has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Gussage All Saints and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gussage All Saints in East Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Gussage All Saints".