In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frome Vauchurch like this:
FROOME-VAUCHURCH, a parish in Dorchester district, Dorset; on the river Frome and on the Dorchester and Yeovil railway, near Evershot r. station, 5½ miles WNW of Cerne-Abbas. Post town, Evershot, under Dorchester. Acres, 614. Real property, £1, 077. Pop., 171. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Batcombe, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £411.* Patrons, the Duke of Cleveland and the Dowager Countess of Sandwich. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Frome Vauchurch has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Frome Vauchurch and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frome Vauchurch in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Frome Vauchurch".