In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frome St Quintin like this:
FROOME-ST. QUINTIN, a parish in Dorchester district, Dorset; on the river Frome, and on the Dorchester and Yeovil railway, adjacent to the Roman road from Dorchester, near Evershot r. station, 5 miles WNW of Cerne-Abbas. Post town, Evershot, under Dorchester-Acres, 1, 025. Real property, £1, 410. Pop., 129 Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged once to the St. Quintins. Caldwell here, now a farm, was formerly a chapelry. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Evershot, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £324.* Patron, the Earl of Ilchester. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Frome St Quintin has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Frome St Quintin and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frome St Quintin in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Frome St Quintin".