In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frampton like this:
FRAMPTON, a village, a parish, and a liberty in Dorset. The village stands on the river Froom, near the Dorchester and Yeovil railway, 5½ miles NW by W of Dorchester; was known at Domesday as Frantone; was once a market-town; and has a fine bridge over the Froom, a post office under Dorchester, a railway station jointly with Grimstone, and fairs on 4 March, 7 Ang., and 4 Sept. ...
The parish contains also the hamlets of Mageston and Southover; and is in the district of Dorchester. Acres, 3, 508. Real property, £4, 177. Pop., 435. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. Frampton Court is the seat of the Sheridans. A priory of black monks, a cell to the abbey of St. Stephen at Caen in Normandy, stood on the site of Frampton Court, and was given to the Haltons. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £120.* Patron, R. B. Sheridan, Esq. The church was built in the time of Edward IV.; has an ancient stone pulpit; and is good. Charities, £32.--The liberty contains five parishes, and part of another; and is partly in Dorchester division, partly in Bridport division. Acres, 7, 751 and 3, 347. Pop., 897 and 1, 061. Houses, 175 and 208.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frampton in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st May 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Frampton ".