In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farnham like this:
FARNHAM, a parish in Wimborne district, Dorset; near the boundary with Wilts, 7 miles WNW of Cranborne, and 8 NE by N of Blandford r. station. It has a post office under Blandford, and a fair on 21 Aug. Acres, 402. Real property, with Ashmore, £3, 420. Pop., 121. Houses, 26. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £149.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Farnham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Farnham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farnham in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Farnham".