In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Durweston like this:
DURWESTON, a parish in Blandford district, Dorset; on the river Stour, adjacent to the Mid-Dorset railway, 2¼ miles NW of Blandford-Forum. It includes Knighton; and has a post office under Blandford. Acres, 1, 763. Real property, £1, 751. Pop., 364. Houses, 68. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Bryanston, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £538.* Patron, Lord Portman. The church was rebuilt in 1850, after designs by Hardwick; is in the early English style; and has a tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Durweston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Durweston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Durweston in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Durweston".