In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moor Crichel like this:
CRITCHELL-MOORE, a parish in Wimborne district, Dorset; on the Roman road from Old Sarum, 6 miles SW of Cranborne, and 6 N by E of Sturminster r. station. It includes the hamlet of Manswood; and its post town is Long-Critchell, under Salisbury. Acres, 1, 705. Real property, £2, 084. Pop., 342. Houses. 67. The property is all in one estate. Critchell-Moore House is the seat of H.Sturt, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Long Critchell, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £371.* Patron, H.Sturt, Esq. The church has monuments of the Uredales and others; and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Moor Crichel has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Moor Crichel and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moor Crichel in East Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Moor Crichel".