In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Corscombe like this:
CORSCOMBE, a parish in Beaminster district, Dorset; 4 miles NE of Beaminster, and 5¼ W of Evershot r. station. It has a post office under Dorchester. Acres, 5, 003. Real property, with Benville, Chelborough, and Halstock, £12, 104. Pop., 753. Houses, 165. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Disneys. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £514.* Patron, the Rev. T. B. Ferris. The church is of the time of Henry VII., and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Corscombe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Corscombe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Corscombe in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Corscombe".