In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coombe Keynes like this:
COOMBE-KEYNES, a parish in Wareham district, Dorset; 2 miles S of Wool r. station, and 5½ WSW of Wareham. Post town, Wool, under Wareham. Acres, 2, 004. Real property, with Wool, £3, 743. Pop., 163. Houses, 30. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £95. Patron, J. Weld, Esq. The church, with the exception of the tower, was rebuilt in 1862; consists of nave and chancel; and is in the early English style.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Coombe Keynes has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Purbeck. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Coombe Keynes and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coombe Keynes, in Purbeck and Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Coombe Keynes".