In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Chelborough like this:
CHELBOROUGH (West), a parish in Beaminster district, Dorset; 3¾ miles WNW of Evershot r. station, and 5¼ NE of Beaminster. Post town, Evershot, under Dorchester. Acres, 578. Rated property, £637. Pop., 73. Houses, 15. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £88.* Patron, G. Bullock, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing West Chelborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering West Chelborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Chelborough in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "West Chelborough".