In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Chelborough like this:
CHELBOROUGH (East), or Luccombe, a parish in Beaminster district, Dorset; on the Roman road from Dorchester, at the verge of the county, 3½ miles WSW of Yetminster r. station, and 6½ NE of Beaminster. Post town, Melbury-Osmond, under Dorchester. Acres, 948. Rated property, £1, 242. Pop., 93. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £340.* Patron, MissF. Hildyard. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Chelborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Chelborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Chelborough in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Chelborough".