In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nether Cerne like this:
CERNE-NETHER, a parish in Dorchester district, Dorset; on the river Cerne, 4¾ miles E of Maiden-Newton r. station, and 5½ N by W of Dorchester. Post Town, Cerne, under Dorchester. Acres, 845. Real property, with Godmanstone, £2,204. Pop., 95. Houses, 16. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £60. Patron, R. B. Sheridan, Esq. The church is small but neat; and has an ivy-clad tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Nether Cerne has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Nether Cerne and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nether Cerne in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Nether Cerne".