In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Caundle Marsh like this:
CAUNDLE-MARSH, a parish in Sherborne district, Dorset; 3¾ miles S by W of Milborne-Port r. station, and 4 SE of Sherborne. Post Town, Bishops-Caundle, under Sherborne. Acres, 792. Real property, 1,128. Pop., 84. Houses, 16. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £143. Patron, Sir H. A. Hoare, Bart.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Caundle Marsh has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Caundle Marsh and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Caundle Marsh in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Caundle Marsh".