In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Catherston Leweston like this:
CATHERSTON-LEWSTON, a parish in Bridport district, Dorset; on the river Char, 4 miles NE of LymeRegis, and 6½ WNW of Bridport r. station. Post Town, Whitchurch-Canonicorum, under Bridport. Acres, 248. Real property, with Marshwood, Griddleshay, SarumWells, Wild, Wootton-Abbas, and Wootton-Fitzpaine, £12,648. Pop., 34. Houses, 9. Catherston was the seat of Judge Jeffreys; and his judge's cap is preserved in the church. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £67. Patron, Mrs. Hildyard. The church was built in 1859, and is in the decorated English style.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Catherston Leweston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Catherston Leweston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Catherston Leweston in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd September 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Catherston Leweston".