Place:


Skidbrooke  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Skidbrooke like this:

SKIDBROOK, a village and a parish in Louth district, Lincoln. The village stands 1½ mile from the coast, and 8 ENE of Louth r. station; and has a post-office under Louth. The parish contains also the hamlet of Saltfleet; and comprises 2,165 acres of land, and 1,290 of foreshore. Real property, £5,331. Pop., 361. Houses, 85. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £271.* Patron, the Rev. J. M. Phillips. The church is old but good; and there are two Methodist chapels.

Skidbrooke through time

Skidbrooke is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Skidbrooke itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Skidbrooke, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13571

Date accessed: 19th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Skidbrooke ".