In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandrindod like this:
LLANDRINDOD, a parish in the district of Builth and county of Radnor; on the Knighton and Central Wales railway, near the river Ithon, 7 miles N by E of Builth. It has a station on the railway; and its posttown is Penybont, Radnorshire. Acres, 2,689. Real property, £1,568. Pop., 243. Houses, 40. ...
Much of the surface is wild heathy common. Llandrindod mineral springs here came into local repute, for their medicinal virtnes, about the year 1 696; began to be visited, by persons from varions distances in 1726; rose to such celebrity that lodging-houses and a large hotel were erected in 1749, for the accommodation of visitors; and, though subsequently much damaged in reputation by causes alien to their own merits, are still considerably frequented by such invalids as are in quest of health, apart from appliances of frivolity. The hotel of 1749 became eventually such a resort of gamblers and other disreputable persons, that it had to be taken down; but two establishments, called the Pumphouse Hotel and the Rock House, still exist for the use of visitors. The springs are three in number, rising within a few yards of one another, yet differing totally in quality, being severally saline, chalybeate, and sulphureous; and their waters are specially useful in scrofulous and cutaneous diseases. A lead mine, supposed to have been worked by the Romans, is in the vicinity; and varions tumuli and ancient British and Roman entrenchments are within the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £48. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church stands on the spur of a hill, overlooking the joint plain of the Ithon, the Wye, and the Yrfon.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandrindod, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandrindod ".