In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buckhorn Weston like this:
BUCKHORN-WESTON, a parish in the district of Wincanton and county of Dorset; on the verge of the county, and on the Salisbury and Yeovil railway, 3¼ miles WSW of Gillingham r. station, and 4 SE of Wincanton. Post Town, Gillingham, under Bath. Acres, 1,632. Real property, with Kington-Magna, £7,920. Pop., 509. Houses, 117. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £360.* Patron, Lady Stapleton.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Buckhorn Weston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Buckhorn Weston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buckhorn Weston in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Buckhorn Weston".