In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bryanston like this:
BRYANSTONE, or Blandford-Bryan, a parish in Blandford district, Dorset; on the river Stour, adjacent to the Central Dorset railway, 1½ mile NW by W of Blandford-Forum. Post Town, Blandford. Acres, 1,512. Real property, £1,284. Pop., 206. Houses, 36. Bryanstone House here is the seat of Lord Portman; is a large mansion, after a design by Wyatt; has an octagonal staircase, 30 feet in diameter; and stands in a park upwards of a mile long. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Durweston, in the diocese of Salisbury.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bryanston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bryanston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bryanston in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bryanston".