In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradpole like this:
BRADPOLE, a parish in Bridport district, Dorset; on the Bridport railway, 1 mile NE of Bridport. Post Town, Bridport.-Acres, 966. Real property, £5,324. Pop., 1,449. Houses, 270. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of St. Andrews, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £265.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was built in 1860; is in the early English style; and consists of nave, chancel, and vestry, with bellturret. The Bridport workhouse is in Bradpole.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bradpole has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bradpole and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradpole, in West Dorset and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bradpole".