In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradford Peverell like this:
BRADFORD-PEVERELL, a village and a parish in Dorchester district, Dorset. The village stands on the river Frome, under Bradford-Down, near the Roman road to Ilchester, and near the Dorchester and Yeovil railway, 3 miles NW by W of Dorchester.The parish includes also the hamlet of Muckleford; and its Post Town is Stratton, under Dorchester. Acres, 2,700. Real property, £2,688. Pop., 361. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. Roman antiquities have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £229.* Patron, Winchester College. The church is good. Charities, £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bradford Peverell has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bradford Peverell and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradford Peverell in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bradford Peverell".