Place:


Saxby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Saxby like this:

SAXBY, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; on the river Ancholme, 5½ miles W N W of Wicken-by r. station, and 7 S W by W of Market-Rasen. Post-town, Spridlington, under Market-Rasen. Acres, 2, 322. Real property, £1, 581. Pop., 112. Houses, 23. The manor belongs to the Earl of Scarborough. The living is a vicarage, united with Firsby, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £96.* Patron, the Earl of Scarborough. The church is good.

Saxby through time

Saxby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Saxby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Saxby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13531

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Saxby ".