Place:


Sapperton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sapperton like this:

SAPPERTON, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; 4 miles W by N of Folkingham, and 6½ E N E of Great Ponton r. station. Post-town, Folkingham. Acres, 656. Real property, £937. Pop., 51. Houses, 12. The manor belongs to Sir G. E. Welby, Bart. The living is a rectory, united with Braceby, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200. Patron, Sir G. E. Welby. two turns, and the Vicar of Grantham one turn. The church is old but good, and has a spire.

Sapperton through time

Sapperton is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sapperton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sapperton, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13528

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sapperton ".