Budock  Cornwall


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Budock like this:

BUDOCK, a parish in Falmouth district, Cornwall. It adjoins Falmouth on the SW, extends thence to Falmouth bay, includes Pendennis Castle, and has ready communication with Falmouth r. station; and its Post Town is Falmouth. Acres, 4,214; of which 295 are water. Real property, £10,671. Pop., 2,251. ...

Houses, 411. The property is divided among a few. Granite abounds; and copper ore is worked. A college was founded, in 1270, at Glasenay, by Bishop Bronescombe. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of St. Gluvias, in the diocese of Exeter. The church contains monuments of the Killigrews; and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £10. A fair is held on 12 Aug.

Budock through time

Budock is now part of Carrick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carrick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Budock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Budock, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 23rd March 2018

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Budock ".