In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bettiscombe like this:
BETTISCOMBE, a parish in Beaminster district, Dorset; 5 miles W of Beaminster, and 6 ½ NW of Bridport r. station. Post Town, Broadwinsor, under Bridport. Acres, 667. Real property, with Pilsdon, £1,796. Pop., 76. Houses, 12. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £180.* Patron, R. B. Sheridan, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1862, and in the early perpendicular style.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bettiscombe in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bettiscombe ".