Place:


Roughton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Roughton like this:

ROUGHTON, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; on the river Bain, 4 miles E of Woodhall-Spa r.station, and 4 S by W of Horncastle. Post-town, Horncastle. Acres, 1,020. Real property, £1, 500. Pop., 131. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with Haltham-upon-Bain, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £600.* Patron, the Hon. and Rev. John Dymoke, Bart. The church is good.

Roughton through time

Roughton is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Roughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Roughton, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13508

Date accessed: 16th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Roughton ".