Place:


Rand  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rand like this:

RAND, a township and a parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The township lies on an affluent of the river Witham, 1½ mile W N W of Wragby, and 2½ S E by E of Snelland r. station. Real property, £1, 333. Pop., 92. Houses, 17. The parish contains also the chapelry of Fulnetby, and comprises 2, 330 acres. ...


Post-town, Wragby. Real property, £2, 987. Pop., 165. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Mrs. Barker. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £402.* Patron, Mrs. Barker. The church has a tower, and contains several ancient monuments.

Rand through time

Rand is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rand itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rand, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13466

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rand ".