Place:


Raithby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Raithby like this:

RAITHBY-CUM-MALTBY, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 2½ miles S W of Louth r. station. Post-town, Louth. Acres, 1, 930. Real property, £2, 350. Pop., 145. Houses, 28. The manor and most of the land belong to H. Chaplin, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Hallington, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £570.* Patron, H. Chaplin, Esq. The church was built in 1839, at a cost of £4,000; is in the florid Gothic style; and consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with pinnacled tower.

Raithby through time

Raithby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Raithby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Raithby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13464

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Raithby ".