Place:


Little Ponton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Ponton like this:

PONTON (Little), a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; on Ermine-street, the river Witham, and the Great Northern railway, 1½ mile N of Great Ponton r.station, and 2 S of Grantham. It has a post-office under Grantham. Acres, 1, 490. Real property, £2, 590. Pop., 208. Houses, 43. ...


The property belongs to Turnor, Esq. P. Hall was occupied formerly by the Duke of Cleveland, and is occupied now by Broke Turnor, Esq. Many Roman relics have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £400.* Patron,Turnor, Esq. The church is old but good, and has a low tower.

Little Ponton through time

Little Ponton is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Ponton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Ponton, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13459

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Ponton ".