Place:


Pilham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pilham like this:

PILHAM, a parish in Gainsborough district, Lincoln; on the Manchester and Lincolnshire railway, near Blyton r. station, and 4½ miles N E by E of Gainsborough. Post-town, Gainsborough. Acres, 1, 100. Real property, £1, 466. Pop., 89. Houses, 22. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £230.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor.

Pilham through time

Pilham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pilham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pilham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13429

Date accessed: 19th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pilham ".