Place:


Partney  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Partney like this:

PARTNEY, a village and a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln. The village stands on affluents of the river Steeping, 2 miles N N E of Spilsby, and 4 W N W of Burgh r. station; was once a market-town; and has a post-office under Spilsby, and fairs on 1 and 25 Aug., 18 and 19 Sept., and 18 and 19 Oct. ...


The parish comprises 919acres. Real property, £2, 766. Pop., 487. Houses, 107. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Willoughby D' Eresby. Brewing, malting, and brick-making are carried on. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £211. Patron, Lord Willoughby D' Eresby. The church is early English, with beautifully carved pillars; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a lofty tower. There are chapels for Baptists, Wesleyans, and Primitive Methodists, a national school, and charities £14. Henry Stubbs, thephysician, was a native.

Partney through time

Partney is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Partney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Partney, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13417

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Partney ".