In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winford like this:
WINFORD, a parish, with W. village and two hamlets, in Bedminster district, Somerset; 3¾ miles SE of Bourton r. station, and 6 SW of Bristol. It has a post-office under Flaxbourton, Somerset. Acres. 2,991. Real property, £5,009. Pop., 934. Houses, 196. The property is much subdivided. W. house is the seat of Sir E. M. Elton, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £480.* Patron, Worcester College, Oxford. The church, excepting the tower, was rebuilt in 1796, and was reseated in 1868. There are two chapels of ease, a Baptist chapel, two national schools, and charities £83.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Winford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Winford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winford in North Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Winford".