Place:


Panton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Panton like this:

PANTON, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 3 miles E by N of Wragby, and 7½ N N E of Bardney r.station. It has a post-office under Wragby. Acres, 1, 996. Real property, £2,003. Pop., 172. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Turner, Esq. Panton House was built in 1724, and is now a ladies' boarding-school. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Wragby, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church consists of nave and chancel, with bell-turret.

Panton through time

Panton is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Panton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Panton, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13409

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Panton ".