Place:


Whitestaunton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitestaunton like this:

STAUNTON (White), a parish in Chard district, Somerset; 3 miles WNW of Chard r. station. Post town, Chard. Acres, 1,960. Real property, £1,853. Pop., 250. Houses, 46. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £255.* Patron, J. Elton, Esq. The church is later English.

Whitestaunton through time

Whitestaunton is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whitestaunton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitestaunton in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13402

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whitestaunton ".