Place:


Owmby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Owmby like this:

OWMBY, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; on an affluent of the river Ancholme, 2 miles E of Ermine-street, 6 N W by W of Wickenby r. station, and 7 W S W of Market-Rasen. Post-town, Market-Rasen, Acres, 1, 650. Real property, £2, 499. Pop. in 1851, 249; in 1861, 314. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to Col. Dalton-The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £330.* Patron, the Duchy of Lancaster. The church is old but good. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and a national school.

Owmby through time

Owmby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Owmby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Owmby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13401

Date accessed: 19th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Owmby ".