In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wanstrow like this:
WANSTROW, a parish, with a village, in Frome district, Somerset; on the East Somerset railway, 5½ miles SW of Frome. It has a post-office under Frome, and a r. station. Acres, 2,054. Real property, £3,367. Pop., 454. Houses, 104. The manor belongs to Mrs.S. Clarke. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £325.* Patron, Mrs.S. Clarke. The church is early English. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wanstrow has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mendip. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wanstrow and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wanstrow, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wanstrow".