Place:


Walton in Gordano  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walton in Gordano like this:

WALTON-IN-GORDANO, a parish in Bedminster district, Somerset; on the coast, 1¾ mile NE of Clevedon r. station. It has a post-office under Clevedon. Acres, 1,315. Real property, £1,513. Pop., 191. Houses, 43. The manor belongs to Sir W. Miles, Bart. W. Castle belonged to the Mortimers; passed to the Seymours, the Thynnes, and others; and is now an extensive ruin. The living is a rectory, united with Weston-in-Gordano, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £360.* Patron, Sir W. Miles, Bart. The church is modern. There is a national school.

Walton in Gordano through time

Walton in Gordano is now part of North Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walton in Gordano itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walton in Gordano in North Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13368

Date accessed: 20th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walton in Gordano ".