Place:


Normanby by Spital  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Normanby By Spital like this:

NORMANBY, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; near Ermine-street, 3½ miles S E of Spittal-in-the-Street, and 7 W by S of Market-Rasen r. station. Post-town, Market-Rasen. Acres, 1, 420. Real property, £3, 250. Pop., 478. Houses, 108. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £88. patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is old. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a small endowed school, and charities, inclusive of the school endowment, £18.

Normanby by Spital through time

Normanby By Spital is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Normanby By Spital itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Normanby by Spital, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13359

Date accessed: 18th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Normanby By Spital ".