Place:


Treborough  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Treborough like this:

TREBOROUGH, a parish in Williton district, Somerset; 6 miles SW of Williton r. station. Post town, Washford, under Taunton. Acres, 1,798. Rated property, £719. Pop., 183. Houses, 30. The property belongs to Sir W. Trevelyan, Bart. Blue slate is quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £180.* Patron, Sir W. Trevelyan, Bart. The church is good.

Treborough through time

Treborough is now part of West Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Treborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Treborough in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13356

Date accessed: 26th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Treborough ".