Place:


Tintinhull  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tintinhull like this:

TINTINHULL, a village, a parish, and a hundred, in Somerset. The village stands 2½ miles E of Martock r. station, and 4½ WNW of Yeovil; and has a post-office under Yeovil. The parish comprises 1,828 acres, and is in Yeovil district. Real property, £4,766. Pop., 437. Houses, 94. The manor belongs to Gen. Arbuthnot. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £90. Patron, Gen. Arbuthnot. The church is later English.-The hundred contains 7 parishes. Acres, 10,791. Pop., 4,128. Houses, 859.

Tintinhull through time

Tintinhull is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tintinhull itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tintinhull in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13350

Date accessed: 26th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tintinhull ".