In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newton like this:
NEWTON, a parish, with a village, in Sleaford district, Lincoln; near the Bourn, Sleaford, and Lincoln railway, which was in course of formation in 1867, 2¼ miles N W by N of Folkingham. Post-town, Folkingham. Acres, 1, 220. Real property, £1, 994. Pop., 228. Houses, 39. The manor belongs to Sir G. E. Welby Gregory, Bart. Newton House is the seat of P. B. Turnor, Esq. There is a chalybeate spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £340.* Patron, Sir G. E. Welby Gregory, Bart. The church is early English, with a tower; and was recentlyrepaired.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Newton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Newton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newton, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Newton".