Place:


Luttons Ambo  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Luttons Ambo like this:

LUTTON (EAST and WEST), or LUTTONS AMBO, a township-chapelry in Weaverthorpe parish, E. R. Yorkshire; 6½ miles SSE of Heslerton r. station, and 9¾ NW by N of Great Driffield. Post town, Weaverthorpe, under York. Acres, 2,130. Real property, £2,811. Pop., 432. Houses, 90. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Helperthorpe, in the diocese of York.

Luttons Ambo through time

Luttons Ambo is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Luttons Ambo itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Luttons Ambo, in Ryedale and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13341

Date accessed: 28th May 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Luttons Ambo ".