Place:


Lund  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lund like this:

LUND, a village and a parish in Beverley district, E. R. Yorkshire. The village stands on the wolds, 4 miles W by N of Lockington r. station, and 7 NW by N of Beverley; and has a post office under Beverley. The parish comprises 2,950 acres. Real property, £4,641. Pop., 505. Houses, 102. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, recently united with Kilnwick, in the diocese of York. Value, £289.* Patron,Grimston, Esq. The church is good, has an embattled tower, and contains a number of monuments. There are two Wesleyan chapels, and a parochial school.

Lund through time

Lund is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lund itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lund, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13336

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lund ".