Place:


Nettleham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nettleham like this:

NETTLEHAM, a village and a parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The village stands 2 miles W N W of Reepham r. station and 3 N E of Lincoln; and has a post-office under Lincoln. The parish comprises 3, 270 acres. Real property, £7, 446. Pop., 919. Houses, 213. The property is much subdivided. ...


The manor belongs to the Bishop of Lincoln; and a palace of the Bishops once stood here. Nettleham Hall is the seat of John Hood, Esq.; and stands on an eminence, amid pleasant grounds. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £290. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is plain but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £4.

Nettleham through time

Nettleham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nettleham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nettleham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13332

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nettleham ".