Place:


Liverton  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Liverton like this:

LIVERTON, a township-chapelry in Easington parish, N. R Yorkshire; 6¼ miles E of Guisbrough town and r. station. Post town, Redcar. Acres, 2,400. Real property, £1,216. Pop., 186. Houses, 38. The manor belongs to Viscount Downe. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Easington, in the diocese of York. The church is partly Norman.

Liverton through time

Liverton is now part of Redcar and Cleveland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Redcar and Cleveland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Liverton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Liverton, in Redcar and Cleveland and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13319

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Liverton ".